Friday, August 13, 2010

My Glorious Moment ( 阿Q )

This is a receipt from a PARIS BAGUETTE (파리바게뜨, a major chain bakery in Korea) in my neighborhood, who very often misses giving customers receipt on purpose. Things like this happen quite often in Korea ( like in Taiwan ), and as Korean people seem at ease, a foreigner like me should be cool with it, right? Not quite. Once I found out that this bakery charged us more ( it was KC who paid that time, had it been me, I'd have noticed on the spot! ) but without a receipt we had no way to claim our money back. Since then, I made up my mind to act against such tax avoiding behavior.

2 days ago I bought 2 breads there, 1100 + 1300 = 2400, with my T membership card's 10% discount, the subtotal went to 2160. So I intentionally paid them 5210. As I expected (haha!), the cashier was struck numb for a sec. Unable to do mental math,  he started pressing number keys on the cash register, which showed that they should give me back 3050, on the receipt. It was a small thing, but a glorious one(grin).




不管你覺得我無不無聊,我確實能從這種小事上得到正義的快感。

我住的社區的 PARIS BAGUETTE ( 파리바게뜨, 韓國的大眾連鎖麵包店),常常不打發票。韓國逃漏稅的不少,他們自己人都無所謂,我這外國人去跟人家假正義什麼。不過,這家有次多收了我錢,因為購買時沒打發票給我,我當然無法回去理論。從此,老娘就跟它槓上惹!!!
前天我去買了兩個麵包,1100+1300=2400,因為我有 T membership card,9折後是2160元。我拿了5210給他,老闆臨時腦袋轉不過來無法心算,所以只好打了發票,找我3050元。爽!

12 comments:

  1. Why they had an "Anonymous" to top of me >0<"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy sh**t! When did I start to have a google account like that?!!!! Oh my privacy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've left four comments (4 actually if including this one)~~ are you satisfied? My beloved Jianyi! <33333333

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, if I comment as "anonymous", I cannot edit or even delete my comments....that said, I cannot delete my "沙发"~~\0/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so wu do u want? let me delete your first msg?

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's automatic! u have gmail account! that explains..

    ReplyDelete
  7. so what's goin on here =.=

    (달링 나 여기있어<3<3<3)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just keep that! I'm just hilarious~~hahaha! I love you, Jianyi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. KC, you wanna join girl's gossip? <33333

    ReplyDelete
  10. It just came to my mind... Isn't "Korea Fantastic" the slogan from Korean Travel Bureau? I think I saw it somewhere on TV when they advertised Korea to US population~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. i dun think so. so far as i know, their official slogans are "korea, sparkling" (which is pretty funny) and "seoul, soul of asia"

    c'mon i am just being ironic XDDD
    fantastic? my foot.

    ReplyDelete