Sunday, March 20, 2011

Not My Cup of Hennessy (唔係我杯軒尼詩)


Crossing Hennessy (source)
I came accross HMV's 2 for 20 promotion which includes "Crossing Hennessy"(月滿軒尼詩), a movie I've been interested in since its release, so I paired with Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic & Baby. That's how I got the chance to watch it, by chance. I mean, I don't like to risk my money, more specifically I don't wanna risk my expectation, so if it's not on sale, I probably never get to watch it.

So what did I expect of this movie? Not the cast, not the story, but something about Hong Kong. I thought it's a story closely related with Hennessy Road.

But...no. Except some street views and the famous Honolulu Coffee Shop(檀島咖啡餅店), I find it hard to link this street with the story. Hence, it can be named Crossing... Whatever.

Back to the movie (still, I am not writing a review, just sharing personal thoughts). I like Tang Wei (湯唯) and Jacky Cheung (張學友), they did a good job in this movie, and, I am not sarcastic, their characters in the movie, Oi Lin and Loy, are such boring figures that make the movie down to earth and interesting. On the contrary, other supporting roles like Oi Lin and Loy's exes, prinsoner Xu and fashion photographer Man Yu, possess extraordinary characteristics, but pale in the face of Oi Lin and Loy's mundaneness. 

Though the movie somehow intends to relate the story with the Hennessy Road neighborhood, I find this effort umimpressive. Suddenly another movie, Rene Liu's Happy Birthday rings a bell. It's a movie that does not have any geographic implication, but brings a vivid picture of Hong Kong, its scenary, people, and life, in front of my eyes. It's another story.


我對於"月滿軒尼詩"的期待不在演員、故事內容,而在香港,我期待這是一個和香港這塊土地的軒尼詩路有所關聯的一個故事。但我似乎失望了,除了一些街景和壇島咖啡餅店,這部電影叫做月滿羅斯福路或月滿第五大道好像也行。

我不是在寫影評,就像我寫吃喝玩樂一樣,照片照得不讚,也不鉅細靡遺的闡明什麼東西,只想講點個人意見。我看東西一般也不看千篇一律的介紹,而是揀那些因人而異的內容。

回到這部電影。湯唯跟張學友的表現無可挑剔,我也很喜歡他們的劇中角色愛蓮跟阿來,這兩個角色實在是無聊得讓人印象深刻。有著特殊經歷的配角,例如他們的前男女朋友,脾氣暴躁的牢犯和一副老練女強人形象的離婚時尚攝影師,這種街角pub隨處可見的角色,在愛蓮和阿來的平庸面前只顯得黯然失色。

這部片多少想讓劇情和軒尼詩路串在一起,但我卻無法感同身受。我突然想起劉若英的"生日快樂",沒刻意強調片中背景地點 - 香港,卻在我眼前展現了一副副活生生的香港圖像,有人有事有景。不過這是另一個故事了。

No comments:

Post a Comment