Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Mokdong / 목동 / 在木洞的日子

New Paris Croissant in Mokdong. The "Grand Open" is a classic misused
English term by Korean (whereas it should be "Grand Opening") 
Back in Seoul my home is in Mokdong (목동, 木洞), a typical bourgeois neighborhood in Seoul. This town has got almost everything a hip lifestyle requires - Hyundai Department Store, Kyobo Bookstore, prestigeous schools, nice parks and river, quality supermarket, and all brands of restaurants and cafes. Recently, another symbol of class is created - Paris Croissant. 
Paris Croissant is my favorite bakery in Seoul, for which, I sometimes travel over 1 hour from Mokdong to Gwanghwamun (광화문,光化門) just to get 1 or 2 cake slices from them.

Some more images of Mokdong.

Overlooking a primary school from my apartment corridor (4F).

In front of my apartment building.

My favorite seat in the Starbucks in my neighborhood. I spent countless hours sitting there doing my MA thesis on displaced North Korean in China.

When it snows, it's this romantic.

Paris Park in Spring.

Costco is nearby.

As well as Ahn Yang Chun (안양천, 安養川). Where we go for picnic!

I have a mysterious image in Mokdong, hehe.

Lastly, take a look at Mokdong by Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment